1. Name and contact information of the data controller and the data protection officer
MAYRFELD LLP (hereinafter: MAYRFELD), Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage 35-37, 60327 Frankfurt/Main, Germany, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: +49 69 505047-145, Fax: +49 69 505047-450 in its capacity as data controller.
The scope of our business does not require the appointment of a data protection officer. If such appointment becomes necessary, we will provide the correponding contact information here.
2. Collection and storage of personal data and the type and purpose of its use
a) When visiting this Website
When visiting our website www.blog.mayrfeld.com the browser used on your device will automatically send certain information to the server of our website. This information is only stored temporarily in a so-called logfile. The following information will be collected without your intervention and stored until automated deletion:
- IP-Address of the requesting device,
- date and time of accessing,
- name and URL of the retrieved file,
- website, from which accessing originates (Referrer-URL),
- browser application used and, as the case may be, the operating system of your device and the name of your access provider.
The above data is processed by us for the following purposes:
- ensuring a smooth connection of the website,
- ensuring comfortable use of our website,
- evaluation of system security and stability, and
- further administrative purposes.
The data processing is based on Art. 6 sec. 1 sentence 1 lit. f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”). The above purposes justify our legitimate interests for such data processing. Under no circumstances we will use collected data to draw any conclusions as to you as an individual.
b) When signing-up for our newsletter
Upon and subject to your express consent pursuant to Art. 6 sec. 1 sentence 1 lit. a) GDPR, we use your email address to periodically provide you with our newsletter. For receiving our newsletter providing us with your email adress is sufficient.
You can unsubscribe from our newsletter service at any time, for example via a corresponding link at the bottom of each newsletter. Alternatively, you may send your request to unsubsribe by e-mail to email@example.com at any time.
c) When using our contact form
We offer you the opportunity to get in touch with us by using the contact form provided on our website. When using the contact form it is necessary to provide us with a valid email-address so that we know who the inquiry came from and since we need your email address for our response. Further information can be provided on a voluntary basis.
We process your data for purposes of getting in touch with us pursuant to Art. 6 sec. 1 sentence 1 lit. a) GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent.
Any personal data collected by us in connection with your use of the contact form will be automatically deleted after completion of the request made by you.
3. Transfer of data
We will not transfer your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below:
We only share your personal data with third parties, if:
- you have provided your explicit consent to such use pursuant to Art. 6 sec. 1 sentence 1 lit. a) GDPR,
- pursuant to Art. 6 sec. 1 sentence 1 lit. f) GDPR disclosure is required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have a predominantly legitimate interest in not disclosing your data,
- the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation pursuant to Art. 6 sec. 1 sentence 1 lit. c) GDPR, or
- if the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you pursuant to Art. 6 sec. 1 sentence 1 lit. b) GDPR.
The cookie stores information resulting from the connection with your specific device. However, this does not mean that we obtain direct knowledge of your identity.
In addition, to improve usability, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your device for a specified period of time. If you visit our site again to take advantage of our services, we will automatically recognize that you have already been with us and which settings you had selected, so that you do not have to select them again.
The processing of data by cookies is required for the above-mentioned purposes in order to safeguard our legitimate interests as well as the legitimate interests of third parties pursuant to Art. 6 sec. 1 sentence 1 lit. f) GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that either no cookies are stored on your computer or a notification appears before a new cookie is created. However, disabling cookies completely may mean that you can not use all features of our website.
5. Analytical services
At this time, we do not use any analysis tools (tracking tools) on our website. If we decide to use tracking tools on our website in the future, we will provide the necessary legal notices here.
6. Social media plug-ins
At this time we do not use social media plug-ins on our website. If we decide to use social media plug-ins on our website in the future, we will provide the necessary legal notices here.
7. Sharing on social media
The contents of our website can be shared in a privacy-friendly fashion with social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Xing, Google+, Pinterest and Instagram. For this, our website uses static links that do not establish direct contact between those social networks until the user actively clicks on one of these links. There is no automatic transmission of user data to the operators of the aforementioned social networks. Users can, therefore, share the content of our website in social networks, without creation of surf profiles by the operators of the aforementioned social media platforms.
8. Your rights as a concerned individual
You have the right:
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your personal data has been disclosed, the planned retention period, the right to rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or opposition, the existence of a right to complain, the source of your data, if not collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful related information in reasonable detail;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to demand the immediate correction of incorrect or the completion of your personal data stored by us;
- in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us, except where the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfillment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, if and to the extent the accuracy of the data processed is disputed by you and the processing is unlawful, but you reject its deletion and we no longer need the data, however, you require this data for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims or if you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data provided to us in a structured, standard and machine-readable format or to request its transfer to another responsible person;
- pursuant to Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR, to revoke your consent provided to us at any time. As a result, we are not allowed to continue the future processing of data based on your revoked consent; and
- according to Art. 77 GDPR to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work, or of our office.
9. Right to object
If your personal data is processed in pursuing legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 sec. 1 sentence 1 lit. f) GDPR, you have the right to file an objection against the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, provided that there are reasons for your objection arising from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct mail. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which will be implemented by us without the need for specifying any particular situation.
If you would like to exercise your right to object, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Data Security
When visiting our website, we use the popular SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. In general, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of our website is encrypted is shown by the key or lock icon in the status bar of your browser.
We also take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.